I missed the memo that it was the first day of spring yesterday…. it was cloudy and cool here… and I wore grey + black. Quite a dichotomy. So, I’m making up for it in today’s post… which is full of color and spring-y things, if you will….
But, in all honesty, I actually love spring. The temperatures tend to be warm and mild (unlike the heat of summer….) and at the risk of sounding cliché, everything really does feel new again (even those slides that I tucked away in the back of the closet….). I look forward to the Easter holiday, the colors of nature, and that it stays light longer. I always have a list of things to do each time this season rolls around, and this year, with little miss being a little older, I’ve added a few more fun activities. I’m sharing that list with you today… and I’d love to know your fun spring activities too!
1. Take Harper to visit the Easter Bunny (she slept through the whole thing last year…)
2. Color Easter Eggs (this could get a little on the messy side….) + then hide them
3. Pick out the perfect Easter dresses. I already snagged Harper’s, and I’m loving this one for me
4. Plan a warm weather getaway. On the short list are Palm Springs and Cabo
5. Make a rosé sangria
6. Have an Easter Brunch
7. Take Harper to visit the Carlsbad Flower Fields
8. Stock up on striped tops (my obsession)….. this blush and white button up made it home with me and I love this basic striped tank and multi-striped, spring perfect, tee. I wore this adorable bell sleeved top out for a happy hour with TJ and love the sleeves and the tie back. It’s feminine, while not being too over the top.
9. Have some picnics in the park with Harper
10. Spruce up our patio with a few new plants (likely succulents….)
11. Go on a family bike ride
12. I typically say find the perfect sandal, yet I found this pair and they’re so incredibly comfortable
13. Compile my spring reading list (and actually get through it….)
14. Get in more outdoor workouts. This last weekend TJ and I worked out outside (sprints + strength training) and it was so invigorating to be outside (and I’m still sore….)
15. Refresh my spring make-up routine