As we wrapped Thanksgiving up and started to make preparations for Christmas, I couldn’t help but feel a little extra giddy this year. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve always loved the Christmas season, yet there is something even more special about it having little miss around. Just taking her to the Christmas tree lot (okay, 4 lots to be exact), was a new experience…. her eyes were wide as she took in the new sights and felt the tree branches. There are so many things I hope to do this holiday season, so I thought I would share a few with you, in case you’re looking to add to your list!
1. Visit Santa (duh, right?)… I love the Santa display at Fashion Island
2. Take her to see the Christmas lights down some of the award winning blocks around our house
3. Make sugar cookies (this is our family recipe we have been making for years)
4. Visit the local mountains, which recently received a heavy dusting of snow. They recently re-opened a Santa’s Village and I’d love to take her there
5. Take the Christmas Train at Irvine Park
6. Drop off toys at a toy drive. My hope is to instill within Harper, early on, the importance of giving.
7. Attend a tree lighting ceremony
8. Have high tea with my mom (we did this last year and it was a blast)
9. Watch all of my favorite holiday films: Christmas Vacation, The Holiday, Home Alone 1 + 2, 4 Christmases, Love Actually, The Family Man, + Christmas Carol.
10. Overuse my favorite Red Nail polishes
11. Overwear plaid + buffalo check. My favorite buffalo check items include this cozy thermal, dual wrap/cape, tunic dress, oversized button-up, and jacket. A few favorite plaid pieces include this cold shoulder button up and these plaid slippers.
12. Have an evening with a hot chocolate bar, Christmas Music, and making festive treats (fudge, cookies, candy…).
13. Create a new holiday cocktail
14. Read Polar Express to Harper on Christmas Eve. Growing up, it was always tradition for my dad to read this book to my sister and I before we went to bed on Christmas Eve.
15. Have a Gingerbread House + Wine night with my girlfriends.
16. Before Harper arrived, it was also tradition for me and TJ to fly out to Vegas for a night to have our own little mini celebration. While we might not get to Vegas this year, I’m hoping to be able to do something small just the two of us!