Fall is likely one of my favorite seasons. There is something special about this time of year, and I feel as though I can never quite accurately describe it. It’s as if there is something in the air… my favorite festive holidays, lots of family and friend gatherings, decorations + traditions abound, and cooler temperatures come to visit. Sunday nights are filled with Football and soups…. and the chunky knits can comfortably be worn (sometimes). I’ve always put together a bucket list when it comes to this time of year…. and I always used to encourage the families I worked with to do so as well. Having something to look forward to tends to lift my spirits when a week is dragging… or having a list like this to pull from helps get me out of a slump. Annnnd, having little miss around this year makes it even more exciting, and I can’t wait to include her in old traditions and make new ones with her in tow. I put together this list annually and I thought I would share it with you today! I’d love to know what’s on your fall bucket list too!
1. Go Apple Picking- something I have on the list year after year and have never done. I am determined to go this year!
2. Pick out an adorable Halloween costume for Harper. On the top of the list is a mermaid.
3. Take Harper to a pumpkin patch…. one of those cool ones with a corn maze and pony rides. My favorite in the Orange County area is Tanaka Farms.
5. Bake, bake, bake…. this paleo pumpkin bar recipe has already been made 4 times. I also can’t wait to try this flourless dark chocolate peanut butter cup banana bread (as in, likely tomorrow night….), oh, and how about these paleo almond butter cup donuts??
6. Have a pumpkin carving night… complete with red wine, baked apples, and a good Halloween movie (not a horror movie though… I can’t handle them… can’t fall asleep for weeks!).
7. With it being football season, I’d love to pick a random Sunday and pretty much hang out all day inside watching the games…. then have a delicious chili dinner (I’ve been making this recipe for years).
8. I actually like a good, crisp beer…. so I’d love to have an evening where we do a little beer tasting. I’d have TJ round up his favorite Octoberfest beers, we could bbq some brats, and decide which we like best!
9. Pick out a perfect cold weather scarf. Some favorites include this super soft beige wrap (I actually purchased it last year and can’t wait to bring it out… soon…), a black and white oversized scarf, and this fringe scarf is amazing!
10. Run a family Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving…. because I love me some of my grandma’s apple + pumpkin pie.
11. Have a small Friends-giving…. I love my friends so much and think it’s a fun way to celebrate with them!
12. Take Harper to Disneyland for the Halloween decorations! They’re so elaborate, and I think it would be so fun to watch her amazement.
13. We have a family cabin up in the Big Bear area…. so when the first snow occurs, I’d love to head up there for Harper’s first experience in the snow.
14. I also wouldn’t mind (at all) if we got up to the Los Olivos area. The fall colors are gorgeous up in that area…. and the wine may or may not be beckoning.
15. Give back. I’d like to adopt a family for the Thanksgiving holiday and provide them with a meal. I think it’s so important that when you are given much, you give back.