There are a few things I consistently look forward to every summer: long days at the pool and beach, al fresco dining on delicious food (think ribs, s’mores, sweet potatoes… you get the picture), sunset cocktails, and breezy sundresses and cutoff shorts. With all of the aforementioned activities I always try to keep in mind “itsy bitsy indulgences…” you know, all about that balance. So I typically try to employ a few strategies to keep myself, and my gut, feeling good, and looking good. Since summer is already in full swing, I thought I would share a few of my strategies with you today, in hopes that they can help you too… or maybe you can add to this list and share with me as well!
1. Drink Water: I try to drink a glass of water with each meal, as well as between meals. I find that sometimes I confuse hunger with thirst. By simply having a glass of water I am able to curb my cravings. Recently though, I have been mixing Benefiber® Healthy Shape dietary supplement into my morning water. It’s a 100% natural fiber supplement that easily dissolves in water (read: no gritty taste)*. It helps me stay full longer so I am not tempted to snack more than I need to (as in every hour…). It helps to keep my cravings at bay*, and when I’m at a fun get together I’m less prone to over-indulge in all the tasty goodness in front of me (think cookies, pie, chips + guac). While I’m trying to get this #mombod back in shape, it’s a natural and helpful addition, while still enjoying the fun of summer.
2. Exercise: Even a short 30-minute workout helps. I find that when I work out in the morning, I feel better throughout the day and make healthier food choices.
3. Portion Control: While I’ve never been one to go absolutely crazy at the dessert table, I’m also not one to pass it up. My solution has been to keep my portions in control. I fill my plate up with veggies + fruit, add some of the protein, and then put a few bites of the sweet stuff on my plate. It lets me enjoy myself, without going overboard – or sitting at the table across from the sweets and wishing I could have a bite (because #ThatsNoFun).
4. Balance The Nutritious With The Indulgent: If I know that I just really want to indulge in the evening, then I balance that out with a nutritious breakfast and lunch filled with veggies, fruits, whole grains, and lean proteins, while minimizing my sugar intake (since I’m obviously saving that for later!).
*Clinical studies show benefits with regular use. A weight management program should include a healthy diet and regular exercise. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Benefiber® Healthy Shape Trademark is owned by GSK Group of companies.
I’d love to know your top ways to keep your shape and beat bloat in the summer months! I love to gain inspiration from all of you and commenting below will enter you in a sweepstakes to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/8/2016– 9/8/2016
Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Benefiber® or GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare