The summer months bring so many new opportunities to find products that I love. With all the traveling we do, and the warmer months ahead, I am always in search of items that will make my life easier. Annnnd, since little miss is growing and developing so quickly, new products for her are found almost weekly. In that light, I thought I would share with you my favorite summer finds so far!
1. Bralette (Nordstrom Sale Find): So, I’d been wanting a dainty little bralette for quite some time and when I stumbled across this one I knew it would be perfect. It’s super comfortable, provides enough support, and adds the prettiest feminine touch under an oversized tank or tee. I own it in black and cream (wanted the pink + peach too but they were pretty bright… much brighter than the photo shows), and the price point is excellent.
2. Pajama Shorts + Tee (Nordstrom Sale Find): Okay. so this is a 2 in 1. The shorts are the comfiest and the tee is the softest (I also purchased it in white). I’ve been loving the shorts for lounging around the house and the tee is perfect for sleeping and to wear out and about. Remember that bralette I mentioned? Well it looks pretty cute under one of the tees.
3. Sneaks (Nordstrom Sale Find): I know I just posted these yesterday, but they’re really pretty great! I was in need of a new running/cross training shoe and when I saw these I knew they would be perfect. They’re super comfortable and provide me with good support. They also come in black, but since I already have a black pair I opted for the white.
4. White Tank: I know, it’s just a “white tank,” but in all honesty, it’s super well made and I love the way it hangs on my body… I like tying it a little off to the side and pairing above bralette underneath. It’s a perfect layering piece too. I ordered an XS and there is plenty of room.
5. Chambray Espadrilles: I’d been on the hunt for a denim/chambray shoe for a little while and finally opted for these lace up beauties. I love doing a triple decker with them: denim x denim x denim (shoes, shorts, shirt). They’re casual with a pair of shorts and can be dressed up with a dress. I don’t lace them all the way up my leg (I think it cuts my short legs in half… and I don’t need that…) but instead opt to wrap them lower around my ankle. They’re comfortable too (I guess that’s important, right?). I ordered a 1/2 size up.
6. Denim Shorts: So, I’d been wanting a pair from One Teaspoon for a while yet, when I would order them they were way to short (booty hugging… not for me.). So, I decided to order 1-2 sizes up, and when I did that, I fell in love. The distressing is just how I like it, and they are so comfortable (I’m noticing that is a theme this month….). I wear them almost everyday. Swear. I have the white, black, and denim pair.
7. Gold Necklace: I love adding gold accessories to my day to day ensembles, and was excited to add this one to my collection. It’s the perfect length for layering with shorter necklaces and I love the design.
8. Bow Back Tank (On Sale): This is the cutest simple tank, with a cute tie in the back. I own it in grey, and wear it with my favorite white denim jeans as well as those denim shorts I mentioned earlier. It’s a flowy option for those scorching summer days.
Baby (aka: Little Miss):
- Solid Food Pouches: I’m currently on the hunt for a great baby food maker, but while I am working on finding the right option, I am loving the ease of these baby food pouches. I used to squirt them into a bowl, but found that I was waisting a lot of the contents. So, I’ve started squirting a little onto a spoon… favorite flavors? Kale, Apple, Avocado + Sweet Potato,Apple (they’re popular with little miss). These are good too.
2. Munchkin Spoons: Yes, I know this is pretty basic, but these are a great option when you are serving warm food. The spoon will turn white to let you know that the food is too hot. I mean you could always just stick your finger in the bowl, but this is a little added level of reassurance.
3. Chew Necklace (Nordstrom Sale Find): No teeth have sprouted yet, but everything goes into the mouth with little miss. I love that I can wear this around my neck and she can chew on it while she is sitting on my lap…. and it won’t fall on the floor… despite her best efforts to throw it there. Other color options here.
4. Glitzy Sneakers (Nordstrom Sale Find): I actually got these last year, before Harper was born, but she’s just now starting to be able to wear them…. and I think they are just adorable.
4. Mermaid (c/0): This is pretty much Harper’s new BFF. I love the concept behind the doll… every one that is sold will provide 10 meals to children in need. They have the cutest little dolls, I just thought Pearl (that’s her name) was too cute to pass up!
5. Jumping Station: Okay, so this is a major eye sore… and I was waiting as long as I could to get it… but she absolutely loves it. Her eyes literally light up when she gets in it and I love that it keeps her in an upright standing position. Just yesterday she was bouncing up and down with excitement to the songs. It’s the perfect little place for her while I get dinner ready or put some make-up on. It also folds up quite nicely (this was recommended to me by a friend).
6. Travel Bag: I shared my travel suggestions here, and included this travel bag. We’ve gone on lots of little weekend getaways lately, and this bag is such a great weekender for all of little miss’ belongings. Cute + durable. Perfect combo.
1. Oribe Apres Beach Wave + Shine Spray: I had been wanting to try this spray out for a very long time, but just didn’t like the price tag on it… and not knowing if it would work made me nervous. When I received a gift certificate I decided to pull the trigger. I’m glad I did. While it doesn’t make my hair go from limp to naturally voluptuous curls, it makes it so soft and and when I add curl to air dried hair it gives it some amazing texture and volume (also smells great). I’ll share more in an upcoming post.
2. T3 Hair Dryer + Flat Iron (c/o): Ok, amazing. Though the hair dryer be small, it is certainly mighty… and same with the flat iron. They are not cheap, but for sure worth the price. The hair dryer works in half the time as my other one (which wasn’t cheap either). I love how compact they are too… perfect for all our weekend getaways, but just as great for everyday use.
3. La Mere Lip Balm: This was another splurge I purchased with my gift certificate. Was it worth it? Yes. It pretty much smells and tastes like a girl scout thin mint cookie… when I opened it up I had my mom and sister smell it and they concurred. Then I did a blind test with TJ and he said it smelled like an andes mint (pretty much the same, right?). I’m a chapstick fanatic (#obsessed) and this balm keeps my lips hydrated for hours.
3. The Sweetspot Wipes (c/o): I love these little things. Since I’m on the go so much and the temperatures have been hot I love using them mid-day as a little refresher.
4. Clarisonic Sonic Skin Cleanser (Nordstrom Sale Find): So, I’ve had this for about a year, but when we got our bathrooms redone it disappeared. That is until last week when we had a plumber out and it was rediscovered. I started using it again and noticed a difference! I love using it in the evening as part of my nighttime routine. I am always shocked at how much is on the brush… so I’m pretty sure it gives my face a deep clean.
1. Sumer Water Rosé: Looking for a refreshing summer evening libation? This bottle is pretty darn good. It’s in my top 5 for rosés.
2. Purely Elizabeth Granola: New flavor alert. This stuff is so delicious. Top it on yogurt, eat it alone, or even sprinkle your morning oatmeal with it. You won’t be disappointed. Promise.
3. Synergy Kombucha: I know I mentioned on Monday that I am doing an experiment by having one kombucha drink a day… and some flavors are disgusting. Yet, I stumbled across the Strawberry Serenity option and it was delish!
4. Gluten Free Graham Crackers: We got these for s’more making over the 4th and in my opinion, they’re better than regular ones. Can’t wait to indulge in them this weekend while we are away in wine country.
5. Harvest Snaps: If you’re craving something crunchy + flavorful these little treats are perfect. They come in so many different flavor options and are non-GMO and gluten free. I love crushing up a few and putting them on top of a salad for a crunchy addition.
That’s it for this month! If there is anything you’d like me to try out and report back on just let me know!