With the official arrival of fall last Thursday, I couldn’t help but think of all the fun activities the season brings. I always feel as if the summer months are a time of hustle and bustle… going and going. It’s almost as if the longer summer evenings and warm sunshine filled days leave me with a tinge of guilt for wanting to stay in doors. Given that, it’s only natural that I welcome the fall season. With the sun setting earlier and mild temps (crossing my fingers on this one) the indoors just beckon me. I decided to compile this season’s fall bucket list and would love to know what’s on your’s?!
1. Pumpkin, Pumpkin, Pumpkin… and I’m talking in the food form. I plan on baking pumpkin muffins, using Trader Joe’s pumpkin butter, and experimenting with the squash all season long. These skinny pumpkin chocolate chip muffins have always been a favorite of mine.
2. I say it every year but apple picking is always on the top of my list
3. Despite the fact that I can’t drink this year, I have historically found beer tasting to be fun during this season. Breweries often have fun autumnal brews and if you head down to the San Diego area (for those in Southern California) you’re sure for a good time.
4. Pumpkin carving night. These used to be “parties” for me… but last year TJ and I started our own little tradition of picking up a couple of pumpkins, pouring a glass of red wine, baking some tasty apples for dessert, and carving away. This can be a fun little get together with your best girlfriends… your significant other, or a few couples that you enjoy spending time with.
5. Host a Sunday Football Party. Gathering together family and friends for a day of watching a few NFL games, inside, with good eats, sounds absolutely delightful 🙂 Check out our chic football must haves here.
8. A Friendsgiving. Always such a fun way to celebrate the wonderful friendships in your life… over some good food and good conversation.
10. Since “cozy” should have been my middle name I’m eyeing this gorgeous beige cashmere scarf and sweater skirt. Still loving the fringe trend I’m swooning over these fringe booties. My favorite fall colors right now are burgundy and olive. How perfect is this olive hat, olive tunic, and this burgundy sports bra (I love carrying trends into fitness!!).